The original owners will certainly be compensated
An update from the NME regarding the use of samples from ‘Love Sensation’ by Black Box on their track ‘Ride on Time’ (1989). ”It is obvious that most of the vocal on ‘Ride on Time’ is original and performed by Catherine of Black Box” says Pete Hadfield of De/Construction. Of course it is, Pete. Catherine of Black Box has been acknowledged as one of the finest vocal talents in house music, up there with Loleatta and Martha Wash (who Black Box also ripped off).
That’s sarcasm, by the way, in case you hadn’t worked that out.
- ultrakitsch reblogged this from scab2
- ultrakitsch likes this
- envy-joelle reblogged this from scab2
- knowus likes this
- softopening likes this
- scab2 reblogged this from classof808
- hettie likes this
- wanaboy likes this
- houseofblacklanterns reblogged this from classof808
- classof808 reblogged this from acidgrandads and added:
- lowbroweye likes this
- acidgrandads posted this